Wonderful Benefits And Uses Of Soapnuts (Reetha)
1. Soapnuts have natural conditioning properties that help in moisturizing your skin.
Hence, they help prevent dryness of skin. People with sensitive skin can use products that are made from soapnuts since they do not cause any damage .
2. As the name suggests, reetha works as an excellent cleanser. Hence, you can easily substitute your regular soap with it . It cools your skin and cleanses it as well.
3. Looking for a replacement for your facewash? Mix reetha liquid and a few drops of your favorite essential oil and use it as your homemade facewash.
4. Applying reetha on your face lightens your complexion and evens out your skin tone.
5. Soapnuts can also help you get rid of stubborn pimples and blackheads within no time.
6. Soapnuts are 100% natural products that can help you tackle many skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, etc .
7. You can use reetha liquid to cure diaper rashes in babies. But, make sure you do a patch test before applying it to the affected area .
Hair Benefits Of Soapnuts
8. Soapnuts are the best for hair growth. Hence, they are used in many natural hair tonics and solutions . Use powdered or liquid reetha to achieve thick and bouncy hair.
9. The soapy texture of soapnut makes it a wonderful ingredient in many hair care and skin care products all over the world. The soapnuts mixed with shikakai powder to make the shampoo. This shampoo, when used on a regular basis, cleanses hair .
10. Vitamins A, D, E, and K found in this fruit are known to impart shine to your hair and make it smooth .
11. Since soapnut is antimicrobial in nature, it is a good option to cure bacterial and other scalp infections .
12. Soapnuts also exhibit insecticidal properties that help in killing lice on the scalp .
13. Powdered reetha is known to fight various problems affecting the scalp, including dandruff .
14. Soapnuts tame dry and frizzy hair, condition it, and make it more manageable .
15. Soapnuts also detangle your hair so that it can be easily styled.
16. The regular usage of reetha hair wash can reduce split ends to a great extent.
Health Benefits Of Soapnuts
17. Soapnuts also have natural anti-venom properties. They can be used to eject snake or scorpion venom from the affected people .
18. This might come as a big surprise, but soapnuts are very effective in helping to cure tobacco and drug addiction. This is why reetha is provided to smokers to reduce their craving for tobacco.
19. This natural product has also been found to relieve severe bouts of migraines .
20. Powdered reetha can help cure excess salivation .
21. Many studies have concluded that the saponin present in soapnuts inhibits tumor cell growth.
22. For relief from hysteria and epilepsy, consume a thick solution of reetha and warm water .
23. Soapnuts are very good for asthma patients due to their tonic, emetic, astringent, and antihelmintic qualities .
24. Apart from the actual fruits, the bark, and roots of soapnuts are also very useful. They are used as a demulcent and as a mild expectorant .
25. Soapnuts have anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in curing joint pains and edema .
26. These nuts also strengthen your immune system by inhibiting the growth of many pathogens like salmonella and E.coli.
27. You can maintain your body heat with the help of soapnuts as they act as a purgative. They even ensure that the mucus content in your body is under control .
28. Drinking reetha juice can help control your cholesterol levels .
29. The presence of antioxidants in soapnuts can protect you from the threats of cancer to a certain extent.
30. Soapnuts are antidiabetic in nature. Hence, they are helpful in controlling your blood sugar levels.
31. Having reetha can help you getting instant relief from diarrhea, verminosis, and dyspepsia .
32. Reetha water is known to be a good treatment for sore eyes.
Medicinal Uses Of Soapnuts
33. Soapberries are anti-allergic and antibacterial in nature. Hence, they are used in handwashes.
34. Soapnuts are also used as skin cleansers in spas and salons .
35. These berries possess contraceptive properties, which make them an integral part of some vaginal creams .
36. They are also used for removing synthetic chemicals from fruits and vegetables due to their detoxifying effects.
37. Soapberries are mildly antiseptic in nature, and this property enables them to be widely used in the cosmetic industry.
38. White powdered soapnuts along with alum and water can be the perfect replacement for your regular toothpaste.
Other Uses Of Soapnuts